Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mooncake Festival

Zhong Qiu Jie <<中秋节>> is known in English as Mooncake Festival, or more commonly Mid Autumn Festival, is on the 15 August of the Lunar Calender. And boy, its been 10 years since i last celebrated it. I decided to go along since my friends mentioned they all had fun the previous years.


We went to Punggol Park, loaded with lanturns (including one Ultraman one), more than 10 packets of candles and loads of matches. Quite a few people went, though more would have been fun. I called, but most people arent free.



The girls were mainly chit chatting, and the guys were mainly creating rockets using the materials we have. Amidst the explosions and whistling of sparkles around us, we kept failing to create our own rockets. Meanwhile, i was creating words with candles. It was pretty fun, and the current wallpaper i'm using on my blog now is made by me. Cool huh? Too bad the night mode of my camera isnt of good quality. Most photos came out dark. But still, these arent too bad.


This is supposed to be WuShu's WU in chinese. But the cluttered flames made it hard to see.




I created another heart at first. But it was kinda a failure. The 2 contrast tones are due to one taken by my phone and another by a camera.

I got quite bored at one point and didnt know what to make. It didnt really occur in my mind, but other words are quite complicated. Haha i'm still quite innocent.






No comments: