Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Movie: I Am Legend

SPOILERS AHEAD


About a month ago, my brother showed me the trailer of I Am Legend. It sure seemed exciting. Nonetheless its not my usual type of movie, i think i'll get freaked out if i watch it. But all my friends were interested in it, and so i went to watch it just now at AMKhub.


I wont write too many spoilers here. But there's one thing that really touched my heart when i was watching it. The trailer has told as much about the movie, that a virus has wiped out the entire human population, mutating humans into Dark Seekers, fleshing eating monsters who are afraid of ultra violet light. The main character is a scientist with a strong will to cure the infected ones but time is running out as the Dark Seekers wait for him to make one wrong move. The scientist is only accompanied by man's best friend, his dog Samantha.

So here's the part i want to write about. Many a times, he nearly broke down. Being alone is hard. But he totally lost it when he lost his dog to the Dark Seekers due to an error he made. All of a sudden, he was alone. The one and only person in the world. At least, that seems to be so on the surface. It really make me understood how scary it was to be alone.


Sometimes we feel lonely, ya? Sometimes thats scary. Sometimes its really sad. For guys, they may just shrug it off, push the feeling away, or just do something on his own. For girls, they may indulge in shopping, cry it out, thrash it out by talking to someone else. But you know, i just saw one of my friend's MSN nickname. He went to watch it with me. He wrote "if there's someone out there, you're not alone". Maybe we should give ourselves a break sometimes, because we really arent that alone. Not as much as the main character. Or maybe its just me who needs to give myself a break. Lol.

No comments: