Friday, September 19, 2008

Emo Event: End of Course

And so today marks the end of my driving course. Its a happy day, that is if i had kept to my mentality at the start of the course. At first, i really hated driving, really hated being scolded by my instructor all the time, hated having to pay all the transportation fees and having to sleep early though i'm at home cause there's driving the next day. I wont say i appreciate stay out more now than previously, or that i love driving now. But i didnt expected myself to make many new friends and to dread going back to unit so much.


Ashley whom i bade farewell after my BMT, Keroy, a fellow signaller, Jeremy, Luke and Alan my group members. These are just a few whom i'll really miss. [The fact that Luke and Alan shares my height (not common) and Jeremy being much taller than us causes the shorter ones to get teased by the instructor all the time.] The sad thing is, most likely i wont meet them again, simply because most likely our paths will cross no more. The sadder thing is, Kay Siong offered me a ride back on his dad's car and i agreed. I didnt even say a proper goodbye to my friends. Maybe i'm dwelling on this so much this time cause i'm not good at making friends all along. 





Its nice getting together with my BMT platoon mate, its nice knowing another fellow signaller, its nice to be in group 6 where the members are 3 not so tall guys and 1 quite tall guy. Its nice to know so many people from different units. Guys, dont hesitate to call me when you want to hor. And to the future-passes, you guys will pass soon, you and i know it, cause "Never Say Die, JEEP!"



We ended off with all the superiors giving their final words as their debrief. Dont speed, switch on head lights, comply with traffic rules... We said the driver's pledge one more time. I actually felt sad. We fell out with a loud shout of JEEP! As i walked out, i couldnt see my driving friends, as they got covered by the flood of people booking out. And finally, i managed to talk to some of them, then the car came and i hopped onto it. Looking back, the regret was heavy, even if i had shouted one last goodbye. And hence forth, we shall be course mates no longer. But you will be missed. Dearly.





For once i hope i'm wrong, and we will meet again.

No comments: