Friday, November 23, 2007

For a job

My sister's friend works at Recruit Express. Since my sister knows that im looking for a job, i kinda got pressured to go. It was located at Ngee Ann City Tower A level 12. Call me a frog in a well, but i've never entered the tower before. What i saw amazed me. The first lift i approached says what is shown the photo below.




It clearly says that the lift goes to level 1,2,4,5,6,7 and 18-26. So i stood there looking stupid, wondering if i should take to level 7 and climb up or level 18 and climb down. Then someone walked into the lift and i felt that i'll just go with the flow. Upon alighting at level 7, i felt more stupid than ever. Thats when i realise that about 4 other lifts (there are about 8 lifts there i think), serve level 1-18 as seen below.


So i finally got to the office and waited for my sister's friend. He wasnt there when i reached so his colleague asked me to fill up the application form first. It felt stupid filling up the form too cause it was asking for previous-jobs info. As my previous post has stated, i have NIL experience, thus the form only took me a while to fill in. After waiting for a while, my sister's friend came out. He was very friendly, shook my hand, and mentioned that i look like my sister. Thanks ah, i know that long ago. Im not flattered. Then he said there will be an interview and i went "HUH?". -_- I wasnt prepared for an interview, though he says its just to know me better. I guess it wouldnt be that tough, and it wasnt. And guess what? In the middle of the interview, i saw a head popping into the corridor, and that guy waved at me (glass door). Its Jin Ken! My primary school classmate. We used to be great friends. We didnt get a chance to chat though. Its really a pity.


Anyhow, my sister's friend said he will keep a lookout for the type of jobs i want. But i'm really picky you know. Im enlisting on 11jan, and im not willing to sacrifice my whole holiday to work. So its kind of tough. But oh well, i'll do some temporarily jobs too while i wait.


Check out the Christmas tree in Ngee Ann City. Should have taken a shot from the front.


No comments: