Friday, January 11, 2008

NS

The time is 12.06am. Within the next 15 to 18 hours, what is left on my head will all be gone. By 10.30, i will have to report to pasir ris bus interchange and take a shuttle bus to a ferry terminal and then take the ferry to Pulau Tekong. After the swearing in ceremony, a video, eating stuff, my parents will be gone. I'll be stranded all alone in Tekong. At least, at first. But i gotta look at the bright side. I'll put down my 8kg bag soon. Sit down on my 3-months-bed-to-be and unpack my stuff. Then i'll start looking for friends. People say they find their life long BUDDY (not partner) in NS. I dont mind, but thinking of this makes me feel sad about my current buddies. Oh well, put everything in positive light.



Many has wished me luck. My buddies, Edwin, Leonard, Danny, galfriends Chingyee, Yinning, Huiqi, Betsy, Keng Yee, Zuli, Atikah, my juniors Hong You, Jasper, Wei Yeat, Desmond, many more like Lawrence, Bang Hui, Wei Bin, Irvin, Eric, Han Kee, Kai Lin, Jason, Ben Huang, my fellow volunteers like Ivy, Ken, Jie Hua and many more lah.



Somehow i have a bad feeling. Or rather a sad feeling. Like i'm going somewhere far far away. I told Ching Yee this, she said "ya u really are going somewhere far away mah" but i also felt as if i'm not going to return. While posting the message for my classmates yesterday, i really felt quite sad. Its like, when i go for camps during school times, after camp, i get to go back to my school. There's a second home for me to return to, a second home filled with my friends. There's a life to look forward to after the end of my leaving. But this time, there isnt any. When i book out, there isnt anything that i'm sure i can look forward to. Girls are busy with their university or work. Guys have their own programs, girlfriends, or NS buddies to hang out with. Sure i might have too, but there's an uncertainty. And this lack of reassurance make me feel sad.




SPOILERS
I just completed this game again. Its called Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories. Its a gameboy advance game. I kind of like the ending. Sora the main character, wants his messed up memories restored. To do so, he will forget his newfound friend Namine. So Sora made a promise, a promise to not forget her, a promise to be friends again. Just before Sora had his memories restored, Namine said "I'll be gone, and you will only forget me. But i have our promise, so that i can come back to you. Someday it'll become our light, the light that brings us together." Then Sora said "right, forgotten but not lost." This scene was shown with the current music in my blog "Always On My Mind".


Maybe a promise would be more reassuring. Lols.



Pulau Tekong, here i come. I'll be going with a bright light. 2 weeks later, my friends. Till then.

No comments: