Saturday, August 09, 2008

Event: Army Half Marathon Training 2

Once again I got to run in East Coast Park. Despite tiring training last week and the days before the run, I managed to get a pretty good timing.


East Coast Park
Distance: 7km
Weather: Cooling
Timing: around 35mins (5mins/km)
Coy Position (Support/HQ): Third
Platoon Position: Third (some commanders: why signal so damn fast ah?)


Mandai Hill Camp/Lorong Asrama
Distance: 8km
Weather: Cooling
Timing: 41.54mins (around 5.25mins/km)
Coy Position (Support): 11th
Platoon Position: Third


East Coast Park
Distance: 10km
Weather: Hot
Timing: 50mins flat (5mins/km)
Coy Position (Support): 16th (including Commanders who ran 14km but started 20mins earlier)
Platoon Position: Second

My poor friends either didnt feel like running or were off form that day, cause it was hot afterall. Despite having aching knees and ankles 20mins into the run, i managed to get a pretty good timing for such a long run. According to my previous timing, i was starting to take 7mins/km after running more than 7km. But i managed to reduce that to 5mins/km again. Not bad. There were some 6 commanders before me. So i guess i should be about 10th in the company. And i overtook pretty much a lot of commanders on my way back.


On a side note, after the run, we were given nights out. We went to Carl's Junior with our commanders. I ordered Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger combo, upsize to large plus one Beef Chilli Cheese Fries. I also drank 2 large ice lemon tea and 1 tall Green Tea Frap from Starbucks. The result was disastrous, making me on the verge of vomit from East Coast all the way back to Mandai Hill. And the worst was the feeling didnt stop until 2 days later. Disastrous indeed. (and many of my platoon mates almost puked during our journey back too)

No comments: