Sunday, December 14, 2008

Event: 71/08 Commissioning Parade

After all my complaints, all will know that this is not my commissioning parade (not that i will ever have) but one of my buddy's. The parade was quite outstanding. Its not perfect I daresay, but you can feel the overwhelming spirits in each and every one of the commissioned officers. Their loud singing, their vigilence and their commitment spoke volumes. Although i must say that i did felt a bit offended when some of the ushering cadets greeted the family in front of me but did not do the same to me on my way to the parade square. I almost felt as if my lowly rank was written on my forehead. But then again my doubts were cleared quite nicely when I was making my way out of the camp where the usherers came forward to ask me where I'm headed and tell me where's the way out very politely with big smiles. Kudos to them for making an impression.


The parade was quite fanciful. Marching in, marching pass, turn right on the march, turn right again back to original position, many times they saluted I also dont know what were those for, then they march out of the parade square by forming 3 single files on each side of the parade square by climbing up the steps, coming back in through the same way, putting the ranks on them, pledge and anthem, and finally throwing of their caps/beret into the sky, something I did when i passed out from BMT.



During the putting on of ranks, I went down quickly to Edwin. I came to attention, saluted him, asked for permission to carry on, and thanked him by saluting him again. He seems surprised. Tsk tsk, looks like he will have to get used to being saluted, and having to cut down first.



After taking a few more photos, I left the camp. I wouldnt say that the cadets were very informative cause I didnt get home as soon as i can because of them. By the by, the officers totally looked like kids when they throw their caps/beret and hugged, cheered, dance around. Kids for officers... Or not? Time will tell.





Thats Edwin in the centre of the last row





2LT Edwin. He's da man!





Leonie the band-er and me


The only BMT platoon mate i happen to see. I must say his OCS platoon mate is a good photographer.



Like kids~



I salute you cause I respect you. I call you Sir cause I know you're worth the title. But sometimes I have to salute and call people Sir cause I'm forced to. Dont let it be the latter. The impact you can make on your men is more tremendous than you think so. Let it be a positive impact, for life.

No comments: