Monday, November 02, 2009

Brain Storm: And Then Freedom...

It's only 8 days from now.

8 days later, I will wake up to find that Chi Weng is no longer beside me, and never will.
8 days later, the first thing I see when I sit up after waking up won't be See Kiat's tiny eyes.
8 days later, I won't have to tolerate noisy nights thanks to Ian anymore.
8 days later, I will be able to walk like a normal human from point to point.
8 days later, I won't have to give a f*** about rank and the likes.
8 days later, nobody will force me to do exercises but myself.
8 days later, I will have to pay for my every meal.
8 days later, I will be able to go for Starbucks every morning.
8 days later, I will no longer hear the lively and cheerful chatter in my bunk.
8 days later, I will no longer have anyone to bitch to, to bitch with.
8 days later, I can blast all my own personal music without having to care about others' taste.
8 days later, I will have internet access everyday.
8 days later, I will have no more beds to prostitute around.
8 days later, my food won't go missing and I won't be robbed of them.
8 days later, I will not have my usual toys (aka Chi Weng, Chee Yong etc) anymore.
8 days later, I will not feel obliged to mop my bunk floor all the time.
8 days later, I do not have to tolerate any weirdness and problematic attitude.
8 days later, I will not have to look at I-just-want-to-beat-them-up faces anymore.
8 days later, I will say goodbye to all my friends who have suffered with me, through thick and thin in these 2 years.
8 days later, I will step out of Mandai Hill Camp, look back, point my middle finger, and never look back again.
8 days later, I will only have memories to keep me company for a long time.
8 days later, I will only have tears to hold back when these times seem precious, if even a little.
8 days later, I will lose everything that I have at that time.
8 days later, I will regain back everything I have lost 2 years ago.

8 days later, I take back my time, my freedom and my pride.
8 days later, I ORD.

No comments: