Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brain Storm: The Water That Reflects My Body, Mind And Soul (Prologue)

I wonder what my bunk mates are doing now. Have all the people from the other bunk moved over? Are they intending to stay well over the lights out timing again? Are they chattering at my bed area like we always have for so many nights?

After 1 year and 10 months, it has finally ended. Few words can describe this moment. Yet there can never be enough said to understand it. I have ORD-ed. But my friends, they carry on. It might have ended for me, but not so for them. This is a utmost weird feeling. Weird, because I am supposed to be joyous, but I'm not. Weird, because there's a place I want to be, yet I don't want to be. I must say that I am happy. But all of us November ORD signallers, I trust, will say that we aren't as happy as what we want to be, not as happy as what our friends will feel when they ORD. I dare not say ORD is overrated, but I just am not as happy as what everyone say they will.

As I leave the camp, many thoughts fill my mind. I have left a huge part of my life behind. And the greatest impact is to know that they will continue the story, with or without us. When Shang Long and I shouted "ORD LO!!!" at the entrance of 1SIR, it was loud, it was solid, it was happy, but it was hollow. After we left the camp, I felt that I have left something back there. I muttered, "shit i think i left my *** in bunk, wait let me check." Then it was followed by a minute of frantic searching of all our personal belongings. After confirming that we had our stuff, we heaved a sigh of relief. But we both know that the most personal things that we left back there, was the bunk life, were our friends, but we can't go back and retrieve that.

I don't think a single blog post can contain all my reflections and my thoughts. Too many things happened, too many people made an impact in my life. The river had been unrelenting. Now, the water has stopped, the rain has cleared. I shall look into the still water, and retrace back my learning experience.

After giving our hugs to our friends, I quickly told Shang Long to leave the bunk, to head for the civilian world, before I stop and stay, before I do something really embarrassing. I never knew I would have wanted a moment to last a little longer, but I did. I had hope that it will last a while longer, even if it's just a little while longer...

No comments: