Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Event: Engin Camp 2010

Last week was Engin Camp 2010. It was a blast to say the least. I was still worried the day before if I could get "high". It's been 4.5 years since I was high. Frankly I wasn't very high when I was in JC orientation, which makes me even more worried. Being a 21 year old old man, I can't really imagine myself getting high. But I was quite wrong. I wouldn't say I was very enthusiastic. In fact my whole group was rather unenthusiastic. We were always sleepy, we rather stone than play games, we choose not to go for supper unlike all other OGs. But I like it. Nobody was fake. Nobody overdrove their enthusiasm to "plastic" levels (which I really really cannot stand). Everyone just had fun when it was fun, everyone just stayed low when we were supposed to feel tired like every human being does. I liked all my seniors as well. Nobody was spastic (like how some other groups were), and no male seniors was over engrossed with disturbing little girls in my group. It's really sick to see how desperate some guys are.

Anyway, here's some concise description of what we did and what embarrassing stuff happened. On the first day, there was ice breaking games as usual. I was particularly fond of the game "la mian ah la mian". At first it seemed like a gay game. But as the game speeds up and everyone warms up to each other, it was really fun. The MRT game which seemed gay at first was quite fun as well. Lol. Then we had dirty games. My group wasn't very spontaneous actually but we were fine. We were a little forthcoming at least. After the dirty games we went to our rooms for the rest of the camp at Raffles Hall which was newly renovated. The meals came from Engin Canteen, which frankly was quite disappointing but better than Mandai Hill food anyday. Every night we had SP (secret pal) night which we are blindfolded and brought to a place to meet our secret pal of the opposite gender for a chatting session. The seniors would crowd around and eavesdrop and make us feed each other pockey sticks. We also had mass dance sessions now and then.

On the second day, there was pool games which I was initially totally not looking forward to. Cause it was raining. And... I'm freaking scared of cold. The game went on anyway with my consistent rambling of being scared of the cold. But to my surprise it turned out that the games were super fun. There was this one game which we had to let the girls sit on our shoulders in the deep pool and they would play captain's ball. Apparently I looked like (and am) the lightest PERSON in the OG and I look like a twig that can snap into 2 anytime. So the girl was worried and everyone else kept showing their concern as well. At the start, she fell forward and her legs was pushing my ear studs against my head and pulling the studs downwards. Ouch, bad choice. After the game my shoulders were really red and everyone just kept teasing me. After the pool games we went for dinner and at night it was SP night and then mystery night which we had to solve a murder case by going to 7 rooms to look for clues. It was kind of like a courage test thing. Okay I must admit, I was scared. My partner (who is female) was more courageous than me. It was so embarrassing. But just imagine walking in a completely dark room, examining scary photos with a UV light stick and then a plastic head suddenly drops from the middle, you'll be scared right? Lol. Nevermind...

The third day we went to Sentosa where we played a lot of exciting games again. One of the games we were supposed to piggy back a girl and run from the beach, into the sea where they erected poles and marshmallows-on-sticks and the girl is supposed to eat the marshmallows without using her hands. Now that's difficult since the waves will cause imbalance. I was embarrassed once again when the lightest girl insisted on piggy backing me. Luckily it was only for one round and I insisted on carrying her for the remaining game. I fell the first time into the sea, though other guys did fall as well. Apparently older guys love to dunk each other in the sea, we had so much fun dunking all the famous people into the sea. I think the director of Engin Camp probably got dunked more than 20 times. That was night was SP revelation night where we had dinner with our SP. My SP was extremely sweet looking though too bad she's attached. Everyone out there told me to snatch. Like, what's wrong with society these days. Geez. That night we went for supper for the first time. There I saw someone who reminded me of my 1SIR days, which isn't really a pleasant thing. 

The camp ended off with a City Food Hunt which we were supposed to look for food in the city while searching for some checkpoints. It was quite lame cause the clues we were given were so retarded. For example the picture clue pointing to The Cathay was a Pokka bottle with Hello Kitty on it (cause Pokka and Hello Kitty = Jap stuff, and Hello Kitty = Cat-thay). We played games on the train with everyone staring at us and we also did a flash mob at The Central dancing "That's Very Hot" shown below. Then lastly there was the finale night.

The camp was really quite good. This is the first time somebody said I do not look very thin. It's also the first time I met civilised people who actually asked me for my reasons to pierce my ear rather than assuming that I am the typical ah beng which many of my close friends do. This is a great start to school though I do feel a little lethargic.  





throw him into the sea!


Royal House OG Kings

2 comments:

Caryl said...

HELLO WEN QIN :D wonder whose the ass who said this post is stupid, hurr!

techiewen said...

Hello! Haha random people click on those things all the time.