Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Ramblings: Simpletons Don't Talk To Me

This is an elitist post.

I was eating instant noodles. I love putting eggs in instant noodles to add flavour to it.

Last year while I was still in the army, I was on a driving course with 3 company mates. There was this guy who loved hanging around my platoon mate and me. We were supposed to go to the cookhouse for lunch but he insisted on dragging us to the mess to buy food to eat. He was bragging about how nice the noodles was. Not wanting to be a total unfriendly nasty bastard, I agreed along with my platoon mate. We ordered the noodles, which cost $2.50. Guess what. It was served in a bowl that looked freaky-ly like the styrofoam bowl used for Myojo instant noodles. I tried it and felt that it was nothing special. It was chicken curry instant noodles, with egg. Ridiculous! I confronted him about it and guess what he said "Oh ya, it is, but she is able to make it very nice".

For the first time, I felt laughter and anger building up inside me at the same time. I did tell him that it's due to the egg that it tasted so much nicer. I can't remember his response though, but it was something that cause intense rage which probably in turn caused the memory loss.

I really hate talking to people who are so simple minded that they lack common sense.

No comments: