Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brain Storm: Weakness

My teacher said this to be before, "I bet you cannot stand working under somebody." I don't know how she saw through me, since she was never in charge of me in school. However, I have to admit that it is true. I came back for a school event as an alumnus this one time. She assigned me under someone to help him out "just for the fun of it". Well, I scooted after 5 mins. My juniors have said this of me before as well. "It is impossible to make him work under someone."

I have a little experience as a leader in school. However due to my angst-y personality, I have never liked to be ordered around, or even carry out instructions given nicely. I wondered how I barked like someone's dog when I was in sec 1 to be selected as a councillor. I must have been pretty desperate. Many years have passed. I think I have mellowed a little. Being a freshman in university, it is expected of me to be under people in projects. It's been at least 5 to 6 years since I took orders from someone willingly. I wonder how long will it take before I fluster and scoot again.

Sometimes some things just don't change.

No comments: