Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ramblings: The Haze, My Productivity

Do you feel unproductive this week? Do you feel unhealthy?

Somehow, many NUS students feel this way this week. Some of my friends and I were just rambling about how this week was really sucky. Some of us didn't have any mood to study at all.

[caption id="attachment_439" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="NUS Engin Faculty, Block E1"][/caption]

Now, when this happens, we must blame of something. It's human nature, ain't it? And I blame it on the haze.

I can't even remember when was the last time the haze struck Singapore so badly. According to Straits Times, the PSI hasn't crossed 100 since 2006.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_593980.html

While I am glad that the government is urging Indonesia to do something about it, I feel that more can be done. And Indonesia should really think about how much effort they're putting in currently and think less about asking Singapore for help. Let's face it, its the Indonesians' fault, especially for cases of farmers burning out fields.

While putting all the blame on the haze for our deteriorating concentration to study is a little too much, I do hope that the haze will clear soon at least for the sake of our health.

Or stop school. Hooray!

No comments: