Sunday, April 13, 2008

Event: Last Days of BMTC

The last few days of BMT was the nicest of all. Firstly, the strictest commander wasn't around. Secondly, we don't have much training anymore, so life was pretty slack. With more admin time, my section was able to bond more. I can remember for the last few days, I always slept at a very late time. Thats when i noticed that one of my section mates also sleep very late at night. So we ended up talking a bit before sleeping. But we only went off to sleep cause we're afraid that the commanders will come and check.


The second last night and the last night was unforgettable. The second last night before Passing Out Parade was a very special day. I ended up spending most of my admin time outside my bunk. I guess I'm thankful that my bunk mates didn't come and drag me in. When I recalled this event with my friend from other company, he asked how come I'm so popular, am I the platoon best or company best?
"Platoon best my ass!"
Lol. I think all my section mates will remember my favourite phrase well. Somehow or another, i kept being targeted for something. Luckily one of my bunk mates said he'll help me delay the time of the "operation". In the end, most of my section mates slept even before they carried out the operation.

I thought that was the end of it. How wrong was i.


On the last night. my company sort of hinted that they wouldn't come up to check if we were sleeping. Thus we were chit chatting for a very long time. Some of us slept already, but most of us were still eating the large amount of food we brought in. Suddenly someone threw a black duct tape on the table. I asked "whats this duct tape doing here?" No one replied me, but little did i know that the tape was for me. All of a sudden, a hand grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth, I thought Weng Kin was just fooling around with me. When i use my hand to try to pull his hands away, i felt something on my lips.

Black duct tape.

GG~ (good game)

I tried to struggle but it was too late. Zul grabbed my legs, two other people grabbed me from behind. I bet its Rui Hong and Daryl. People were shouting "start liao start liao!" to wake those who were sleeping up. I was carried to my buddy's bed cause he was having guard duty. I shall refrain from being detailed about what happened next but basically they put camo cream on me. They had lots of fun while i kept struggling. Cun Zhi kept saying "don't struggle and we'll make this easy for you". Lol. I tried to shout and scream by opening my mouth to tear the tape away. But each time i do that, one more layer of tape covers my mouth. I'm sure that was Weng Kin. And the artists camo-ing me was no doubt chief artist Christopher with a few helpers. Zul, Rui Hong and Cun Zhi were most likely pinning me down. I couldn't see cause they switched off the lights. After the whole affair, they went back to bed, leaving me catching my breath. Then i went to shower, and asking Daryl to help me check if all the camo is off already or not. I really didn't expect it cause they kiwi-ed me the day before already. Anyways i spent the rest of the night chatting with Daryl. It was no fun that the rest slept so early.



This event made me "the guy who will never forget the last day of his BMT". Haha.





This is the candle they used for my "cake". Tsun Wang was nice to have brought it and everyone sang a song for me. It was not bad. Thanks Tsun Wang and Section 3!

No comments: