Sunday, April 06, 2008

Events: Pieces of BMT (1)

I guess i'm not supposed to list down all the highlights of BMT, but still, i guess blogging about some shouldn't hurt.

Event 1: Field Camp 15/2/08 - 20/2/08

Field camp was 6 days long and i could have never imagine myself to have pulled through it. Many say this is the time to see the true colours of people. I didn't see, frankly, but my bunk mate says its because I always sit in front (being bed 1) so i don't get to see whats behind me when we were punished. Field camp was fun though its extremely xiong. Its lots of section training so i got to know my section mates better. I've got to be glad that i have nice section mates. No wayang, no chao geng.


I can remember all the walking through of thick forest, crawling in the mud for long distances, high kneeling like nobody's business, being pumped until we lose count, and especially the times my section had our meals together, sitting in a circle and the admin times at night. We helped each other dig, peed on the same tree, run with the same amount of weight on us, eat the same nasty combat rations, slept in the same basha, camoflaged each other etc etc. I don't mind having another field camp you know, but preferably without the commanders around. Field camp really taught me that mental strength is the key to many things. Also, combat rations arent that bad.


Event: Re-Sitest

Thanks to Sergeant Kang's suggestion of seeing the MO just to get medication but request not to get excuse status, I was awarded the trump card to avoid all punishments and training. 3 days of Excuse Lower Limb disallowed me to go for Sitest with my dearest section mates. I ended up going for Re-Sitest with the rest of the people who missed their own field camp in both BMTC1 and BMTC2. Luckily for me, i had a companion, so it wasn't that bad. However there were quite a few wayang people which totally put my mood off to do my best. Furthermore, it rained on both days, making the Re-Sitest totally a turn off. But i bet no one else was as motivated to build a better basha drainage system than me. I'm also sure nobody in my section experienced the feeling of your whole boots being soaked totally in water. Thats how heavy the rain was.



Event: OC's Evening and Recruit's Night

OC's Evening was a big rush for us. Out of the blue, I was told to performed too, despite my knee injuries. So I went to do some crazy wushu shit which was totally off the standards. I was surprised that the commanders prepared a dustbin to put tons of newspaper which they crushed and used them to throw at us as they jeered at us. Everyone was so good at mimicking their commanders that it was so funny. My platoon did a variety show. It included Rui Hong's singing, Wen Hao and Wey Zi's guitar plus singing, martial arts performance by Hasyer, Wei Xuan and me, Hao Yi's yoyo performance which was totally cool, Sylvester's cool breakdancing while improvising from 5BX, and last was the platoon's singing of Stand By Me led by Zheng Hong's guitar and singing. Though platoon 1 got the best performance award but i still think that we were the best.

Because platoon 1 won the performance and platoon 2 was so zai, my PC chose us to perform for Recruit's Night which was 2 days later. We didn't have time to rehearse much cause of our 24km route march. But we still managed to get through the auditions and got to perform on Recruit's Night. I thought it should be other people performing for us though, it being Recruit's Night. Anyhow, we performed scenes from BMT. Scene 1 was enlistment day, of a toot toot boy parting with his balloon-boobs mum. Scene 2 was the sorting of recruits into their companies using the sorting helmet, I participated as the skinny guy who failed NAPFA (when actually i passed) and got into PTP batch cause I'm weak. Scene 3 was what happened on the first day in the bunk, including a Emo, a Ah Beng, a gay, a act cool guy, a wayang king and a bookworm. Scene 4 was PC interview with the recruit requesting for 1 hour of admin time but was given 2 hours instead. Scene 5 was bunk scene after 2 hours of admin was given. I was in this scene too, with Hasyer, Wei Xuan, Hao Yi, wayang king and me playing a fool in the bunk and kena pumped by our ADF corporal and leopard crawling to him. Other scenes include a SOC training scene, the CNY morning work up with chief FS scene and ended with Stand By Me again. We didn't rehearse much and anyhow act but still got 2nd placing. Not bad uh.

No comments: