Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brain Storm: Love Is In The Air... Or Not?

3 days ago, I went for a drink with my friends, and the main topic of the day was love and relationship, our approaches and mindset towards them etc.


Halfway through the discussion, I heard "blah blah blah.. purist romantic, like wenqin".

"Did someone just mention my name? What did you just call me?"


So I've just been labelled a purist romantic, but not that it's wrong.




We talked about a few stuff, like how we know we fell in love especially if some of us fall in and out of love so easily, and whats our approach towards it, and girl's mentality of love and the ladder theory. I find that the ladder theory is especially interesting since it's totally opposing the mindset of a purist romantic like me.

The ladder theory states that a guy has 1 ladder whereas a girl has 2. A guy looks at a girl as a friend first, then as a good friend, best friend, girlfriend, wife, slowly climbing up the ladder. As for a girl, she categorize her friends into 2 groups, friends and potential companions. Once placed on a ladder, it is unlikely for a friend to become a potential companion.

Pardon my lack of experience and knowledge, but dont most dramas depict that a crossover is possible? That has better be true if not I'm doomed like the facebook quiz that says I am. Lol. Love is a sensitive topic, so I shall leave it at that, until I finish reading "Why We Love" by Helen Fisher recommended by Li Yue at least.

No comments: