Sunday, July 12, 2009

Food: Durian Buffet

On 28/6/09, a few of my friends and I went to Carlton Hotel's Durian Themed Buffet. "with 10 different types of durian desserts", so says the review. And boy, I was not disappointed at all. At first I thought its easy to become sick of eating so much durian. But the variety was good. Though the actual buffet was quite toned down, it didnt matter since I attacked the dessert most of the time anyways. The shackled Red Prawn durians were really good too. Bitter and sweet at the same time. It's a pity that I forgot to starve myself the day before. The creamy and irresistible durian cake didnt help either. We were all full before we wanted to be. Nonetheless, it was an extremely good deal, considering its a eat-all-you-want high class durian buffet at only $45++. There's a dessert-only variant which cost $18.90. Its quite worth it too but too bad it doesnt have the shackled durians.


Big big durian, wish I can shackle it and eat from within.

Look at all the Red Prawn Durians!

Durian ice cream, one of my favorites

Durian waffle, durian chocolate cake, durian kueh, durian puffs, durian cake, durian pancakes... all dipped into a cup of durian mixed flesh


No comments: