Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ramblings: Your Language Is Denied

Ever since the Miss Singapore World incident, I'm becoming more conscious about others' English usage. This is a Rambling post cause I only have one thing to complain.

There's this guy in my company, he's told to give a talk about some thing-y. He messed up his pronunciation, grammar and thinks that the Sun gives off sun energy. Now that's really something, considering that he's from a decent, or rather, a very ang moh junior college. So I had this debate with a friend of mine. I said there's no way he's from science faculty since he thinks there's some imaginary sun energy. But my friend says there's no way he's from arts faculty since he can speak no sh*t. Which faculty do you think he's from?


P.S. This is only one example from my company, there's plenty more, like how this guy who asked me "what is et cetera?" and i was totally stumped. For one, i never thought of what etc is since its so commonly used. Et cetera is just.. etc. Anyways this is getting to me, and it's also getting me worried about my own command of English.

No comments: