Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Activity: Shopping

Since I enlisted, i shop alone a lot. I mean, window shop alone a lot. I have a long long wish list and thats what set guys apart from girls. Girls usually have no specific aim or wants when they shop. Guys zoom in straight on what they want. The thing is, its Great Singapore Sale now and i want to find the best discount. And so i walk and walk, and man, i hate walking. Reminds me of route march...


Im not born for shopping, i swear. Here's why.


Need List.

Books
to read
Levi's Jeans
i saw one pair i really like last year but i was too thin to wear it. now im thick enough
Tights
good for route march, prevents abrasion
Trunks
my old one is spoilt
Goggles
my old one is going to spoil
Soles
good for route march and morning runs in boots
Sling Bag
my bro spoilt my 7-year-old OP sling bag a few months back, time for a new zinc one
Mobile Battery Charger
i use my handphone as a mp3 player so battery gets drain fast in camp where i dont get to charge my handphone
Duffel Bag
my current 5-year-old bag is too small for all my book in stuff. the red adidas one is cool
Cargo Pants
always wanted a new one
Wallet
i prefer a leather one, saw one i like from billabong
Running Singlet and Spilt Shorts
would be good for weekend runs, got a simple looking one with red stripes from adidas
Polo Shirt
good for booking in and nights out in NS, saw a couple of light colours one from giordano which may just make me look younger
Tie
high time i get one
Casual Shoes
always wanted a pair after my adidas one from factory outlet spoiled
Spectacles
wanted to change to a less nerd one since sec 4
Earpiece
cx300!
W950i
good phone for a soldier
8GB Thumb Drive
always wanted a portable OS
Ipod Touch
just so cool!
Gloves
meant for gym usages
Speakers
my old one is 5 years old. create T10 would be nice enough, pop in the sound card too
Xmod
sounds cool


However... As i shopped in Bugis Junction and Sim Lim Square on Sunday and Tampines Mall, Takashimaya and Compass Point today, I've come to realise...



No Need List.


Books
i can just borrow them
Levi's Jeans
nobody will look since im in camp most of the time anyways
Tights
actually i havnt gotten abrasion on my thighs or groin before...
Trunks
how often have i swam since i enlisted?
Goggles
how often have i swam since i enlisted?
Soles
ok i guess i really need this
Sling Bag
i dont really need it for any occasion
Mobile Battery Charger
i'll just have to read more and listen to music less
Duffel Bag
iven is using the same one, and actually if i try to compress, my stuff can still fit into my old bag
Cargo Pants
in camp too often
Wallet
my friends just got me one for my bdae
Running Singlet and Spilt Shorts
i can just wear my army singlet and shorts...
Polo Shirt
nobody will look since im in camp most of the time anyways
Tie
no need for one while im serving the nation
Casual Shoes
no need for one while im serving the nation
Spectacles
nobody will look since im in camp most of the time anyways
Earpiece
dont really have a need for it
W950i
why would a soldier need a good phone?
8GB Thumb Drive
a portable OS serves no use for a soldier
Ipod Touch
dont really have a need for it
Gloves
my trained hands are my gloves
Speakers
no time to use it
Xmod
dun really have a need for it



So in the end, i really only need to buy the in soles. But i bought the book anyways since i always have trouble finding it in the library. So guess what did i bring home after 2 full days of shopping? A pilot ballpoint pen, a card holder for my IC and The Da Vinci Code. I even resisted giving myself a treat of Dark Mocha Frappe from Starbucks and trying to watch a movie on my own for the first time (Kung Fu Panda!).

Im too thrifty, not meant for shopping.

No comments: