Monday, January 18, 2010

Ramblings: Inexperiency

So I got another temp assignment. But the road to get this miserable one day temp packer assignment was a long and annoying one.

First I was told that this job may have interactions with customers so I should not have any "overly vulgar" appearance. Well she didn't say overly vulgar but she asked with concern if I have "any piercings, dyed hair or tattoo", as if having them is a crime. No can do, missy. Maybe being overly pierced or having like, dyed white hair or gigantic tattoos down my own arm can be too intimidating. But mine isn't like that. Later on I was told I can wear jeans and tee shirt. This is so on the same wavelength.

Then I was told to wear formal for the interview. Right, "interview". Temp packer, wear full formal, interview. The society nowadays is so high class that you need more than A level certificate to be a temp packer. My agent also told me not to wear my ear rings to the interview and the day itself to give a good impression.

When I went the room, the "interviewers" didn't even give a half hoot about my studs (right, I rebelled, I refused to take it off). The other guy who got "interviewed" was in jeans and tee shirt. They just called us in and started briefing us in a matter-of-factly way, as if we were already hired. So much for good first impression. Even so, I must say that the HR Dept. is overly serious. They checked all my photocopied certs against my original ones and then took all my photocopied ones away. Well done. Shouldn't have given them any of my non-educational certs.

Alright, I smell inexperience from my agent. Not that I discriminate against beginners. They should have the chance to learn as well, since I have had many interviews for many odd jobs already. But still, they should do a bit more research. And be a bit less naggy. I think I'm not going to associate with them after this one.

Gosh, what a long day.

No comments: