Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Brain Storm: Psst! That Guy's A Freak, Actually I Think You Are Too

I went for a mini gathering with a bunch of guys just now. At first a even smaller group met up for lunch. Seriously, guys gossip too, they just prefer to call it discuss, and that's what we did. We discussed about a couple of people in our circle, how weird they are, how disgusting they are or how great they are. It's not necessarily have to be about bad things when we discuss about stuff. Then we met up with more guys, we discuss about the same people, with more content and input, or we change the discussion, especially if we were talking about those people.

See, its always the same. I had the same experience a long time ago, all the way until present time. A talks to me about B, how B sucks and how she totally hates B. B talks to me about A, how A is pretentious and how he despises A. B doesn't know that A discusses about him with me, and I don't let both sides know. Then along comes C and she tells me that she's totally disgusted with both A and B. The worst part isn't what to say, since I'm friends to all of them. The worst part is having to wonder if A talks to C about how I really suck and if C discusses with B about how disgusting I am and how B tells both of them that I am totally pretentious.

I have people coming up to me and tell me that I am a arrogant piece of thing and my ah-beng-ness and egoism needs to be dealt with. But I'll never know if they say more than that right? Like once, I had a trusty friend who told me that this group of people were discussing about what an emotional person I was. I can't tell whether that's a normal gossip or a malicious discussion, not that I really care. And maybe they're saying how they can't stand how short I am. Now that will really get me worried.

No comments: