Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brain Storm: Have You Done Anything You Regretted At All As A Child?

It must have happened before. It might not seemed important at first, or later. But when we were young, I meant as kids, we must have done something terrible. Be it beating up other kids, stole something (with a totally innocent mind), bullied someone, or disappointed our parents badly. Now we look back and realise what a fool we had been. Does everyone has at least an incident or two, that accompanies you for life?

I have. I caused a primary school friend a scar. He had 6 stitches. It was a Saturday. The cleaners were washing the floor. We ran. And he fell, but I cried. I could never look at him the same. He was a great friend, but I was stupid and immature. I don't know how to make up to him, and I probably will take this regret with me to my grave.

But now we're older. We can make more sensible decisions. Yet at the same time, the many small things we do may cause so much bigger impact. More than a scar, more than 6 stitches. Maybe a potential career, maybe a broken heart.

Do things change at all?

No comments: