Monday, May 17, 2010

TechieEat: Food For Thought

My friend tweeted a review about this in the morning and since I was going near Bras Brasah with my other friends, I suggested this place and we headed straight to Food For Thought. It's a little red building on the right when you exit from the Queen Street exit at Bras Brasah Station. The ambience was really good. It was small, but cosy. They decorated their ceiling with 540 glass bottles. We were, however, shocked to find out that our table was the only one (occupied) under the glass bottles. Nice, but we still feel a bit insecure. Potted flowers that are hung inverted add to that unique atmosphere. 

We were lucky to get seats I think. Everyone else who came in after us seemed to have reservations done. Unfortunately the menu was lacking in variety. There was Risotto, pasta, and their breakfast extends all the way up till 5.30pm. I heard their breakfast is good. Gotta try sometime. The price range was a little on the high side. My friends ordered Risotto and I ordered the spicy beef pasta. My pasta was only so so, but the shitake risotto was good. The servings are a little on the small side too. Overall this is a great place for a chill out session. 

 Food For Thought -
8 Queen Street
Shitake Mushroom Risotto - 4/5
Spicy Beef Pasta - 3/5
Ambience - 4.5/5





No comments: