Monday, May 17, 2010

Sights And Sounds: Lame After Sale Ethics


Quite a few days ago, I noticed this group of Indians, probably middle age and above with bulky Adidas plastic bags bundled with cable tie. So my first impression was, there was some Adidas warehouse sale somewhere. No it is not a crime to buy a lot during a warehouse sale. So I didn't mention anything at first, until my friend pointed out his shoes to me. They look brand new. They look disgusting. I mean it's purple, baby blue and yellow. Wrong colour combination, for a middle age Indian man anyway. And worst of all, it suggests that he wore it after buying it. Like, what's the deal? Then I also noticed his shirt was a brand new Adidas one. What's with wearing (ugly) things immediately after you bought from a warehouse sale? What are you trying to portray? That you're cool? Oh please. 

No comments: