Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brain Storm: Optimism Not

Life is never simple. There are always tons of struggle. Sometimes struggling works. Sometimes it doesn't.

There's a lot of times we wish struggling will. There's also sometimes when you feel that struggling won't work so you don't even try.

I was told optimism is a good thing. But everytime I am hopeful about something, it will end badly. No matter how much I struggle. No matter how much effort I make. No matter how much I plead.

So I went to the dark side. I was always known as a perfectionist and one who thinks pessimism all the time. But I am also human. I also hope. Hope keeps me alive. So what does living entails now that I have no hopes, nothing to struggle about and no one to plead to?

How can one still think optimism is a good thing? Optimism doesn't prepare me for this.

No comments: