Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sights and Sounds: Punggol Waterfront Park (Incomplete)

[update: Punggol Waterway is completed and I took some photos there. http://infinite.acperience.net/2011/11/sights-and-sounds-my-punggol-waterway/ ]


A few days back my dad told me that the Punggol PCN is done already, so I went to check it out. It was pretty awesome so today I brought my phone along to snap a few (low quality) photos. Although really this is just a jogging route, I believe it's part of the Punggol Waterfront Park or whatever they're calling it. The park connector joins Hougang park to Punggol via Sengkang West Ave I think. The route goes all the way to Punggol East where a relatively huge activity centre is. It has many eateries, seafood centre, billards, bicycle and rollerblades rental shop etc. The atmosphere there is lovely and it's a great place to hang out. Though I must note that the sports rental shop and the billards centre is not opened yet. The place is relatively secluded but you can get there from Punggol LRT. Just take the north east line to Punggol MRT and change to Punggol LRT. Alight at Riveria station when you see the activity centre which is right next to a temple. You can also take bus 3 (Pasir Ris) , 83 (from Sengkang) and 85 (from Yishun).


I'll say it's worth checking out. I haven't gone all the way down the jogging route though. I'll do that when I get enough stamina. I should go there with my friends soon because I stay right opposite the activity centre and for once I will reach home before they do!








The board walk starts from here. It's a nice place to chill.



Here's the activity centre with restaurants, fast food etc.





This is right next to the eateries. The billards rooms and sports rental shop have not opened yet though.





This is the sort of entrance. And guess what, the closest building to this place is my home. =)

4 comments:

tiffany said...

you stay at sundial? im at nautilus! :D

techiewen said...

Hello! I stay beside the sundial, not sure what it's called. Nice to see a fellow Punggol Resident around.

Andy Chan said...

Anyone know if the connector is fully open. i.e , sengkang connects all the way to the Punggol Waterfront already ?

Johnny said...

You mean to Punggol jetty and beyond? I think its done. Heard by this weekend can use the entire connector. I am also waiting for them to tear down the hoardings besides the Halus Bridge entrance;