Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ramblings: Rational and Running Away

I've been flattered a few times in my life. My friends know how arrogant I am, so they usually refrain from complimenting me. Arrogant as I am, I do agree with what they say. Though I also really appreciate it.

Last year, a close pal said that I was one of the most rational person he knows. He commented that despite having no relationship experiences, I was able to advise many people regarding their relationships. However, those relationships are usually souring ones and therefore they need my rational thinking to analyze the situation for them. Well so you can say that my advice always results in breaking up in my secondary school days. Another close friend hinted before that I was quite a mature person as well.

Just now I was having a chat with a long-time-no-see friend and he commented on how I was one of the most rational and mature person he knows. He then mentioned that if even I cannot be rational in certain situations, how can others possibly be? I guess that's true. It's a perspective I've never looked at before.

I guess sometimes it's okay to run away. Sometimes it's okay to hide. I think I sort of understand why my predecessor ran away now. It's sort of the same thing.

Still, I am flattered. =)

No comments: