Monday, December 21, 2009

Event: First Proper Work Experience

It says "Temp Despatch" and I was told that I'm supposed to deliver stuff to nearby offices. The first thing I was taught when I came into the office was how to frank letters (you know, the ink prints on a official letter which says how many cents). Then I was taught how to recognise different company letters and deliver them to the different departments. Lastly I was taught how to send the franked letters at the post office. Nothing about despatch. I wanted this job cause I prefer to be able to walk around. In the end, I only delivered one item during my 7 days of work. But still, I like my job. Its pretty easy, I have quite a bit of free time as long as I work fast. Even though, as the week pass, I had more ad hoc admin stuff to do, such as moving the furniture around, counting the number of fans and paintings in the office etc.

I must say that the people in the office are really nice, especially the aunties who are contract workers. I love to talk to them as time pass faster. Another reason is because they always say how I look too young to be 20 years old. That always make me very happy. :) "I look young.. like, first time people say that to me"

I like the free drinks dispenser in the lounge. I always drink to my heart's content everyday. I think I have milo poisoning by now. The job scope is also not bad, though it'll get boring after a while.

It's a great first proper work experience overall.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much do ya get paid eh? -chin