Thursday, December 03, 2009

Ramblings: Weakening Root Of My Life - Chinese

I've always considered my roots to be that of a Chinese. Chinese blood flows through me and I think that a Chinese needs to speak good Chinese and write Chinese well. I used to be proud that my Chinese is actually at quite a high level compared to my peers (though there are some setbacks which proved me wrong). But alas, these devilish 2 years of army has changed all that. My demonic platoon mates in Signal has influenced me to speak more English and listened to nothing but English music. (I'm actually quite jealous of Kay Siong and See Kiat for not being the slightest bit influenced and somemore Kay Siong's Chinese is thousand times more powerful than mine)


Thus it has come to this. I was at work, conducting surveys for some people. Along came this China guy who asked me if I could speak Chinese. I happily said yes. So I tried to translate the questions to him.

Ok just say that while translating, I actually felt sad that my Chinese standards have dropped so much. That bad.

难到我没有可耻之心了吗?



Transferring Chinese songs to my mp3 player again...

No comments: