Thursday, March 04, 2010

Brain Storm: Chance(s)/Experience(s) Are But Once

When I went to NUS to meet my friends, a gloomy topic came up. They mentioned how they wished to can attend my batch's orientation. That's when I remembered that they were going for overseas attachment for a year. Gosh, it's going to be one year, they said. They wanted to be school mates with us once again. It's been what? 4 years since we were school/class mates. The weird sensation that we would spend time together in our second home is a nice one. But unfortunately, we can only be school mates for one year.

Time passes too fast. We all agree. In the blink of an eye, they're going to graduate. They don't want to, I don't want to. The bonding and friendships we have in school are far too fantasy-like. The society out there is too realistic, it is too harsh.

When we were school mates, we never thought such a relationship will come to an end. Yet it will, and it is nearing. As we grow old, some experiences and chances will never come back.

Forgive me, for bitch-slapping you in front of you, for giving you nonsense every single minute, for calling you bastards and bitches, for showing you middle finger all the time, for being whiny and arrogant, and for throwing tantrums and being selfish. From now on, I'll still do all these things, but I'll savour every moment of it, and I'll appreciate every action I do. Promise.

No comments: