Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Brain Storm: Weakness Of The Heart, Show Me Not

Recently I was strongly reminded again of how I really hate people who are weak in the heart and mind, and show it publicly. The way they sought attention by changing their statuses on Facebook, MSN Messenger etc, is plain disgusting. That is so, because seeing it I am reminded of myself. None of them were bad compared to my previous self. Reading my chat logs, my old blogs, my old smses, I could never imagine why I said those things, why I wanted people to look at me as a weakling. Sure, everyone has their problems, everyone has their weakest links, everyone has their time at the bottom pit. But I don't see many others grumbling like the whole world just bullied them, I don't see them telling everyone how pitiful their lives are.

Yet I cannot say I hate certain people, simply because they are my very close friends. All I can say is, you're wrong if you think the world is against you. You're wrong if you think you have it worst. And you're definitely wrong if you think no one cares of you. (Okay disclaimer, that last statement applies to my friends, but I can't really see how it'll apply to some scums I know who are nothing but whiners. Do they even have friends?)

When I was in Junior College year 2, something really bad happened to me. I was absolutely down. Then suddenly this insensitive bastard smsed me a generic message (no worries, insensitive bastard doesn't read this blog). It says something like "whenever you are down, always remember, you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think". I wasn't particularly shocked then, we're close friends after all. I'll admit that it didn't help me much spiritually back then either. But looking back, yeah, someone cared.

It wasn't that bad. You're not alone. You're stronger than you believe. Have faith. Have strength. Walk through. There's a bunch of people waiting at the end. They're your friends. They may have forgotten, they may have overlooked, they may have been busy. But they'll always be there.

So don't be weak. Be strong.

No comments: