Saturday, March 06, 2010

Event: Platoon Dinner @ City Link Mall

Yesterday I met my platoon for dinner. It's been a long time since we came together as a platoon (well not everyone was there but...). The feelings' kind of different too. It's hard to describe. It's weird. Anyhow we had dinner at Niwa Sushi in City Link Mall. At first it appeared to be cheap, and the food seems pretty good. But it appears that there wasn't much quantity in the first place. Sadly Ben bought the last pack of bento and for some reason they refuse to cook anymore rice so the most value for money menu is out. I got the seaweed soup udon and a couple of sushi. Frankly the taste is only so-so.

Then we went to Starbucks as usual. There was this guy who was wearing exercise attire, a RJ PE tee and some spilt shorts. Now, we don't see that everyday at City Hall and he was sweating. Weirdo. We also saw someone with a LJ face with a bunch of flower in his hands. My friend was commenting about him. Sounds bad, but it was quite funny nonetheless. Shaun Lim ordered my favourite Green Tea Latte but iced. I tried it and frankly it was quite good too, though the taste isn't that full bodied. Shaun and Kay Siong spent a good amount of time trying to decide what ridiculous present to get for me. And I am so glad they didn't go into New Urban Male to get it. I'll rather not get any present at all. Geez.







Niwa Sushi - City Link Mall
Ambience - 1.5/5
Salmon Sushi and Beancurd Sushi - 2.5/5
Seaweed Soup Udon - 2/5


Starbucks - City Link Mall
Ambience - 3/5
Green Tea Latte (Iced) - 4/5

No comments: