Saturday, March 06, 2010

Ramblings: I Like You List

Frankly, I didn't know that Facebook has a very in depth privacy setting option until about early this year. Even after I knew, I couldn't be bothered as it was very troublesome. You can tweak such that every single person can be customised to see what you want to them see.

Last month, I finally decided to do something about my settings after some arsehole stalked my account like a book. The general settings are allowing different preset group of people to see different sets of items on your account. The preset groups are Only Friends, Friends Of Friends, Everyone and Customise. For Customise you can just choose a few people from your friends list, or you can use a list you have already set up. For example, I have a list of all the people from my platoon, from the Student Leader's Board etc.

First I set from default settings of Everyone for everything to Friends of Friends. After a while, I thought it's not good enough so I changed it to Only Friends. Last week, I created a list called "Closer Friends" which only excluded a minority of people so that a few people I have on Facebook yet I don't really know them won't see my wall. Now I've had it. So I'm going to create 2 new lists. One is "I Like You List" and another is "I Don't Hate You List". The I-Like-You-List is done. It's as below.

You qualify to be in my I-Like-You-List if:

1) I look at your photo and I don't say "who's that?"
2) I look at your photo and I don't say "how did we know each other?"
3) You see my Wall, you put in constructive and/or funny comments.
4) You are already in my Close-Friends list.
5) I don't have the urge to beat you up when I see you.
6) I've known you for years and you still remember my name.
7) You ask me to go for your 21st birthday party and I say "yes" without hesitation.
8) You havn't irritated me so much before until I squirm at the sound of your name.

How this list works.
Some people fulfill certain criteria yet not others. For eg. Some people say very constructive comments but I can't remember how I know that person, or I will hesitate to go for his/her birthday party. For this case, he/she will still be in my list. Such situations will be on a case to case basis.

You qualify to be in my I-Don't-Hate-You-List if:

1) I don't hate you.
2) I don't feel like slapping you (whether I was reminded of you or not).


This blog post sounds so self centred. I don't have many friends. And I guess I ought feel grateful if people don't dislike me. But oh well, many things on Facebook shouldn't be shown to half the world. It has to be done. I suggest you do it soon too.

No comments: