Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Interest(ing): Duct Tape - Saviour Of All Soldiers

http://lifehacker.com/5478624/a-celebration-of-duct-tape-our-favorite-duct-tape-diys

Any soldier or ex-soldier will recognise this. It's all too familiar (though we aren't so hard core to use duct tape).

It's the ultimate item. It's on par with the final quest item you have to get at the end of a RPG (except we get it at the start) and it seems to have infinite ways of using it to deal with things.

Lo and behold, it is our black tape.

Admit it, we celebrate it, we're forced to use it, we can't live without it. The almighty power of the black tape allows us to use it for many different purposes, from taping blank attachments to taping loose ends of your backpack to taping the mouth of that faggot beside you who just can't stop blabbering nonsense. We love it so much that we restock it every so often.

I remember during BMT, my sergeants always say black tape can be used to solve everything. I didn't understand it, until one fine day. I realised that I had multiple cuts on my hands and legs due to outdoor training and I didn't bring plasters. You've guessed it, I used black tape. My commanders saw me and they were awed. I thought I did something wrong until they just kept laughing hysterically.

Black tape. The most powerful piece of item on the planet. When you're wearing green that is.

No comments: