Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brain Storm: When I See You Again, 5 Years Later, What Do I Say?

During a barbecue I organised on Sunday, my army friends reached the pit and one of them asked me, "so what now?"

I was shocked. Did that question ever came across my mind? "What do we do now?"

Gatherings have a good purpose. Some don't see it immediately. Gatherings are meant for us to gather. Duh. When humans gather, they interact. And when we do, I think the easiest and most likely thing for us to do is talk. From the last time we last saw one another, I'm pretty sure many many things happened. If you had chosen to gather, there must have been a reason. It might be due the the fact that you were bored, or that amongst the gatherers lie some of your better friends. Either way, you will want to fill in your friends on each others' lives, won't you? People change, and people do things. Sometimes they change drastically, sometimes they do very different things (like how my very obedient friend who used to be a very reserved girl goes to club often nowadays). As friends, we want to know, we want to talk, we just want to see each other again.

Was it so hard that we need to think about what to do?

I don't think so, it'll be so natural, we just know what to do.

To my friends, 5 years from now, I'll see you again. From morning till late night, till the next morning, we'll be beside each other, catching up on each others' lives, till no end.


My friend tweeted after my barbecue. She commented about how amazing it was that when we talk to our Xinmin friends, we just picked up where we left off in secondary school, as if we didn't graduate. It struck me that how much my friends pull me away from the harsh reality, about how much they make me feel better. 5 years later, we'll still be the same, friends forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.