Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Event: My Trip To NUS

I call it the quarter-life crisis. It is the most difficult choice I have yet to make. NUS? Or NTU? Which is the university meant for me? Although I asked my friends out for a dinner, I didn't expect it to be in NUS itself. The tour to Prince George's Park Residence (PGPR) was a bonus which I hadn't planned in advance either.

So there I was, taking a bus into NUS. It's odd. I was like a child going into the known, unknown. I had been there before, I walked around the place a couple of times. The place itself is really no big deal. But I felt excitement. Knowing that I am to become a student here soon, knowing that all these people around me are going to be my school mates soon, it made my heart beat faster. Okay, maybe it was because I sprinted 50m to catch the bus after drinking 3 tall size tea. And I was quite disappointed with the influx of nerdy looking people near the entrance.

We went to the NUS Graduate Club for dinner. After waiting like eons for Yinning to fetch me at Central Library (so much so that I spotted Limin running and spoke to her for a while), we took the shuttle bus to the Guild House and met Liyue there. The new business school is really quite new and cool. The food there was not bad. Above all, the price was decent, if you're a club member that is. The ambience there was really good. We sat outside in the open. Though there was live performance inside, the feeling outside was better. The bar inside looks gorgeous as well. No doubt I will go there to try someday.

After chatting at the restaurant, we headed back to PGPR. They brought me to see the study room, sofa room etc first. Then I went into their rooms. I saw the blueprint of the rooms before and I thought it looked really small. So I was surprised to know that it exceeded my expectations. One more point to NUS. They also brought me around to their guy friends' rooms. Incidentally, all the guys' rooms look way more spacious than my gal friends. I reckon its because it's way more tidy. Tsk, girls.

The table was bigger than the one I had back when I studied in the Sengkang Community Hub's study room. It had space for me to put another 23inch monitor. There's space for a fridge as well. I was pleased to know that there's enough space for me to do my sit ups and push ups. I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks, girls for the trip!



Bad lighting, but fear not for my camera has manual settings!

Fish and Chips

Hawaiian Pizza

Grilled Beef, medium well

This is the club's chillax area, heard there's special programmes on Fridays, got to check it out!

NUS Graduate Club - The Guild House
Ambience - 4.5/5
Food - 3/5

No comments: