Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ramblings: Oh Gosh Urbanathlon Is So Overrated

http://myrunningaddiction.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/review-mh-urbanathlon-si2010/

So this guy went to the Urbanathlon organised by Men's Health and wrote a review about it. I just had to blog about this cause I was quite tempted to join it until I read about the last few obstacles (it's a race where there's 8 obstacles which you have to clear). The last 2 obstacles involved jumping into some water pool (which makes you wet) and leopard crawling across some mud area. I swore I will never leopard crawl again. NEVER.

I quote.

Finally, I crossed the finishing line. Not the best timing for a 12.5km run but this is exceptional due to the obstacles that we had to go through. Medals were given as soon as we crossed the finishing line. Everyone of the finisher was Tired, Thirsty and Covered in mud from head to toe but still we were all smiling as we had just accomplish something simply unique that only 1,500 men in Singapore had a chance to experience.
For your freaking information, the entire nation of men goes through this shit. Though only about 1.6km is covered in this other shit, due to the weight we carry and the difficulty of some other obstacles, its 10 times worse. Okay, maybe hundred times worse. We call that shit Standard Obstacle Course. Okay maybe this chap hasn't gone through army yet (which I actually doubt so) or he's just a pussy unfortunate person who was excused from SOC.

No comments: