Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brain Storm: Time, It Does Not Wait. Society, It Does Not Forgive.

Many of my closer friends say I'm a cruel, heartless, nose-in-the-air bastard. That's because they know me better and because in front of them I speak truth from my heart and nothing else. And yet here I admit, the extremist in me has lied many times, for I do not believe in compassion, for I do not give in to excuses. There's no such thing as "he's just like that" or "she'll know one day".

While everyone is unique, I cannot tolerate certain characteristics. Maturity and sensibility is a relative thing. But how can one not have any common sense at all? Though I am sure that I have yet to meet a person who has none of it (apart from little bratty or bitchy 12 to 16 year old teenagers), I have met people who have come close to it. At first, I was horrified. Then I was amazed. At the end of the day, I was horrified again.

It's like, there appears to be a fine line between people who act like they are retarded, people who are half retarded and people who are really retarded. But actually there isn't. It's so obvious. A comparison cannot be matched among them.



There are people who knows what needs to be done, but don't do them. But worse off are people who don't know what needs to be done.

There are people who are caught in important decision making situations. And then there are people who refuses to decide.

There are people who pretend to not get it. There are also people who don't get it half the time. And there's still people who don't get it at all.

There are people who like to be independent. And then there's people who just can't be bothered.

Time does not wait. A person either grows up, or he simply doesn't. Society does not forgive. A person either makes it in life, or he simply doesn't. And no, I don't want to be stuck with these people, I don't want to associate with them. And in case these people haven't realised, doesn't get it, don't want to decide, refuses to mature, has yet to find out, or procrastinate his actions, that is everyone else doesn't want to as well.

That said, I do pity those people. Grow up, all your surroundings will consume you. You just have to.

No, I'm not saying I'm great. But I'm definitely not at the bottom.

No comments: