Sunday, February 21, 2010

Event: Mardi Gras And Pancake Day

http://food.theatlantic.com/abroad/your-mardi-gras-my-pancake-day.php

When I was in Xinmin, I read that Mardi Gras was a gay parade event in some Europe country. When I entered Temasek, I was surprised to find that we hold our own Mardi Gras once every two years. I soon found out that Temasek's Mardi Gras is an art festival where many arts-based events are held on that day. My wushu team mates participated in the opening ceremony when I was in J2 as well. Though I regret that I did not fully indulge in that day's event, I must say it was fun while it lasted. Naturally we ended off with our mass dance at the mustering square (we always end off everything with that). The atmosphere was great, everyone was feeling high.

Another event that was held in Temasek was Pancake Day. It was just a day where instead of normal Civics period, each civics group were allowed to join games organised by the council. Each game involved pancakes in some way, hence the name. I remember Edwin represented 15/06 to do the balancing-pancake-on-head-and-turn-many-rounds-to-get-dizzy game (I remembered correctly I hope?). I then went to join 23/06 in their games cause they needed more people (hey I was from 23 before alright? so its not betrayal).

Where else but Temasek Junior College have such fun and exciting events held throughout the year?
(we also have Go Green Day, annual stay-overnight-in-school day etc...) Geez I miss my JC life.

No comments: