Monday, February 15, 2010

Ramblings: Lonelytine's Day

14 February. There was a time when I didn't care at all. That was when I was younger. Even up till secondary 4, when there was a rose on my desk without a name, I didn't really care much (up till now I still don't know who it was from, or if it was even meant for me). Then came Junior College. Everyone was suddenly in a rush to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. There was school wide angel-and-mortal game, many roses flew around, and perhaps it was then that I started to get affected, by the lack of a valentine on Valentine's Day. JC2 and through, I was still, erm, dateless. When I was in the army, I remember how Chris sent me a SMS on Valentine's Day during BMT to cheer me up. Perhaps he saw the sadness in my eyes (or, maybe it was my grumbling). 2 years from then, till now, for 21 years, since I am born, I am still dateless. I thought I'd be totally desensitised by now. I would think of all that buddy talk, like "hey who needs a girl? I have my buddies, that's all I need" or "I would never place my girlfriend in a higher priority than my buddies". Then suddenly, we grew up, we see couples around, some of us get attached, and the words aren't as true as they used to sound anymore. We all know this, so even if some of us still remember the promises, we don't mention it anymore.

It's hard when I see couples around. Maybe I do need one certain someone by my side, sulking at my joys, laughing at my sorrows, spending all my money and wasting all my time afterall. But I'm really not someone who seems to be able to get attached at all. Kudos to Ching Yee and Jason. Ching Yee for saying that "you're someone who don't look like you are attached" and Jason for saying that "if wenqin is attached, it's interesting". Guess I should start working on living alone till I grow old, retire and die.

And gosh the bloody fag**t at the Chinese New Year celebration show on Channel 8 yesterday said that those born of the zodiac Snake (that's me) will have a lousy year in business, money, health, and RELATIONSHIP. Thanks. Oh well, not like the purist romantic (read! - http://infinitelyme.blogspot.com/2009/07/brain-storm-love-is-in-air-or-not.html) is going to get attached anytime soon.

2 comments:

AJWH said...

I was on Google searching if anyone has used the word "Lonelytine's Day" yet, and your blog came up first. Sad enough to say, the reason I searched it up was because I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, except I'm 23 years of datelessness. But listening to David Choi kind of brings my spirits up from time to time, and hanging out with friends helps too.

Hope you find your other half soon.

techiewen said...

Well yeah I guess what you mentioned will help. It's just not time yet I guess.
The time will come though. We just got to hang on till then. Hope you find yours soon too!