Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ramblings: Caffeine Addict


The world is unfair. Amongst all the things you like to do or like to eat, there must be some you can't do or eat because of certain reasons.

This morning I drank a can of Nescafe Latte. It's not even a double shot caramel macchiato, and I felt it. My stomach can't really take caffeine, apart from tea and green tea. Maybe that's because I don't drink as much tea as coffee but I definitely drink a lot more green tea compared to coffee. It's been a couple of months since I last drank coffee. Chi Weng and Chin Hua would probably laugh at me.

I love coffee (not black though). I used to drink a lot of it. I started drinking it when I was in primary school, to the surprise of all my relatives since coffee isn't really a favourite drink of a kid. But ever since my regular gastric started, I believed that spicy food and caffeine were the cases since my problems always come after I drink coffee or eat spicy food (I still eat a lot of spicy food though, there's just no escape). If there's some coffee in sight, I would drink it. There was a period of time when I was addicted to Starbucks and I would just spend my time sipping my favourite caramel macchiato.

I still have the urge to drink coffee nowadays though I try not to. There's no stopping me totally though. Darn this stupid restriction to drink my coffee.

No comments: